Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT Graduation Date: May 2010
Bachelor of Arts, Majors in Sociology and French: GPA 3.82/4.0
Sciences Po, Paris, France Spring Semester 2009
Exchange Program, course work completed in Sociology and History
Mt. Everett Regional High School Sheffield, MA, Salutatorian Graduation Date: May 2006
Teaching Assistant Program in France, Assistant English Teacher, Barcelonnette, France Oct. ’10-April 2011
- Taught public school students ages 13 to 18 in a mountain town in the French Alps.
- Created lessons about American music and traditions, and to complement the students’ regular coursework.
Four & Twenty Blackbirds, Baker, New York City June-September 2010
- Prepared, assembled and baked pies and other pastries in this well-received newcomer in the New York food scene.
Vassar-Wesleyan Program in Paris, Administrative Assistant, Paris May-June 2009
- Provided administrative support to the directors of the program.
Bizalion’s Fine Foods, Farmer’s Market Representative, Great Barrington, MA Summer 2008
- Sold local and specialty foods and advertised for Bizalion’s Fine Foods at two weekly farmer’s markets.
Community Access to the Arts (CATA), Intern, Great Barrington, MA Summer 2008
- Updated press list, researched grants, wrote grant applications and follow-up letters for this organization, which creates arts opportunities for people with disabilities.
The Wesleyan Fund, Student Caller, Middletown, CT Fall 2006-Spring 2007
- Updated Wesleyan alumni and parents on campus activities; requested donations to the University.
Ski Butternut, Ski Instructor, Great Barrington, MA Winters 2003-Present
- Taught children ages 4 to 12 in the Ski School program at Ski Butternut.
- Obtained Level I Certification from Professional Ski Instructors of America in March of 2007.
French Studies Dept., Teaching Assistant, Middletown, CT Fall 2009
- Taught two weekly TA sessions designed to encourage the students to practice their spoken French.
Community Singing School, Coordinator, Sheffield, MA December 2008
- Applied for and received a $1075 grant from a local endowment fund.
- Hired “Singing Master” Tim Eriksen to teach a Sacred Harp singing school in my home community.
- Organized a large potluck and attracted over 75 people to the evening event.
Eagle Fund, Student Representative, Sheffield, MA 2004-2006
- Served on the board of special endowment fund for Mt. Everett
- Consistently the top fund-raiser in the annual Phone-A-Thon.
Madrigal Feasts, Co-writer/Director, Singer, Sheffield, MA 2005 and 2006
- Twice co-wrote the script for a Renaissance Feast that combined an original play with Renaissance dance and music and involved high school students, faculty, and staff, as well as community members.
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
Computer: Proficient in Mac OS, MS Word, PowerPoint.
Languages: Fluent in French, intermediate knowledge of Italian.
Interests: Cooking, Sacred Harp singing, classic films.